Norwegian Biologist Association (BIO) was founded in 1981, and currently has about 1000 members. The Association organizes college-educated biologists in all occupational categories. BIO is also open to biologists in education. Others with an interest in biology can be a support member.
BIOs purposes are:
- Strengthen academic cohesion and contact between Norwegian biologists.
- Working for the biologist the interests of labor
- Working to strengthen the biology course in school.
- Working for the biological knowledge will be applied at all levels of social planning.
- Publisher Association journal.
- Establish contacts with foreign biologists and biologist organizations.
Kirsten Borse Haraldsen (Chair)
Jannicke Moe (Deputy Chairman)
Jens Ådne Rekkedal Haga